Monday, 23 April 2012

Rajasmita Kar walks away as ‘Dance India Dance 3′ winner

The third season of ‘Dance India Dance’ on Zee TV ended with Odissa girl Rajasmita Kar walking away with the winning title. An all elated 21 year old Rajasmita said, “I feel like a celebrity. Persons are clicking my pictures and need to understand more about me. I used to look at all this happening to people on TV but now individuals are watching me.”

“I am so happy. I never thought my ‘DID’ journey would shape up like this and that i may be giving interviews and sharing my experience. It feels great,” she added.

Apart from doing away with the title, Kar got a Maruti Ertiga car, a home by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and a cheque of Rs.3 lakh from the Rourkela Steel Plant.

Talking about her future plans, Rajasmita said, “I want to become the most productive dancer of the industry identical to my idol Sridevi after which train young children.”

Talking about her co-contestants at the show, she says, “My co-contestants were very friendly and infact all of us lived like a family. There has been no ill feeling or bad vibes because of the competition. And coming to ‘DID’ was a dream come true for me and that i will always cherish the time I spent here.”
Rajasmita