Sunday 26 February 2012

Irrfan Khan: Birthday confusion!

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, Feb. 26 -- Actor Irrfan Khan known for his onscreen versatility, visited the Capital recently to advertise his upcoming film, director Tigmanshu Dhulia's, Paan Singh Tomar. The movie, wherein Irrfan acts opposite actor Mahie Gill, relies on a real story of an athlete who becomes a dacoit. The movie is scheduled for a March 2 release.

"It's a challenging role and required a large number of physical and mental preparation," says Irrfan. About his international projects, he says, "Actually, an actor is an actor. If a script is well-written and gripping, then I CAN visit any a part of the arena for it." Irrfan also walked the ramp as a showstopper for the recently-concluded Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week in Delhi.

According to many websites, the actor will turn 50 this year, but he says, "I'm 1967 born, so there are few more years left for my half century. I celebrate my birthday thrice a year now. Also, I'm from Jaipur but websites say I hail from Bhopal, Lucknow etc. I'm used to it. I accept birthday wishes within the year."