Monday 27 February 2012

Vidya Balan plans 'dirty dancing' post-break!

By Hindustan Times

Bollywood star Vidya Balan desires to improve her vocabulary, at the one hand, to precise her feelings towards the success of The Dirty Picture. At the other, she is calling forward to a break and says post that she's going to do a little "dirty dancing".

After working non-stop for greater than two years, she now desires to take a break.

"I am with reference to saying yes to a movie in an effort to not start for one more three months. So I ACTUALLY think I WOULD LIKE that break because for the past two-and-a-half-years I'VE BEEN busy with my films. So now I do need that point off to soak everything in. Then I WILL BE ABLE TO probably do a little dirty dancing," the 33-year-old talented actor told IANS.

An unofficial biopic of southern sex siren Silk Smitha, The Dirty Picture saw Vidya shedding all inhibitions to get under the outside of the nature and said: "I'VE become unapologetic about being myself. Probably others think that I DO NOT breathe the similar air (laughs). I just take that as a compliment, but I'VE a ways to head but yes god have been kind."

"I hoped the film would do well, but I had no concept that the film would achieve this well. I BELIEVE blessed and i'm on the lookout for new words for blessed, humbled and overwhelmed."

Unwilling to get typecast or repeat same roles, Vidya will soon be seen stepping out of the sex icon image by playing a pregnant woman in director Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani, a thriller that allows you to show what all her character goes through when she flies right down to Kolkata to seek out her missing husband.

"I can't do the similar thing time and again. After I am getting variety, then why will I not take that advantage? This woman (in Kahaani) is a vulnerable woman who's in search of her husband, but she has not lost her sense of humour. She is a lady of today."

Vidya was extremely choosy with scripts, but clarifies that it does not imply she is narrowing down her options.

"The proposition of success was humongous, thankfully. But even after Paa, Ishqiya and No person Killed Jessica, people said what next? Are your options narrowing down? I DON'T BELIEVE about this stuff. If god has brought me so far, he's going to take me further.

"I am here to behave. I'M REALLY NOT saying I WILL BE ABLE TO do only solo heroine projects or like that. I WOULD LIKE to do different genres of films," she said.

Ghosh was shouldering the load of 2 flops - Aladin and residential Delivery - when he approached Vidya, but she was not sceptical concerning the director and took the plunge.

"When Balki came to me with Paa, I had a Kismat Konnection and Heyy Babyy behind me. And when Sujoy came to me, my films were doing well. But he's an intelligent man he's some of the intelligent men I'VE met. Two of his films didn't work, but he has put things together this time around. I'M HOPING it'll figure out. But I FEEL the intention is right," she said.