Wednesday 29 February 2012

Nargis Fakhri: 'I dance to stay fit'

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, Feb. 29 -- For somebody who was a qualified model since she was 16, Nargis Fakhri knows the significance of being fit and fabulous.

The 31-year-old, who made her acting debut last year with Rockstar opposite Ranbir Kapoor, won't have received too many film offers, but her physiognomy has grabbed everyone's attention. Ask her what her fitness mantra is and the actor is quick to say, "I dance so much to maintain myself fit and healthy. My favourites are Zumba, yoga and swimming. They're more fun than gymming."

Recently it was her enviable pout that grabbed newsprint throughout. Giving lip service to fans, she reveals her secret, "Try rubbing some sugar with cream in your lips to exfoliate. Additionally it is important to make use of an even lip balm to maintain them well nourished."

Nagris, who was a Kingfisher model, may be an envoy for her finishing touch at the small screen. She reveals, "My hair has always been my greatest asset. And in my field, styling and experimentation could make it dull. I make I AM GETTING a 20-minute deep conditioning massage with hot oil daily."

With her au naturale looks, Nagris reveals that she prefers to make use of organic products for skincare. "I drink a large number of coconut water to maintain my system free from toxics. When I AM NOT shooting, I DO NOT wear makeup and just let my skin breathe. Using aloe vera may be a good suggestion for smooth and wrinkle-free skin. And the way would she define her style? "IT WILL be effortless. Don't blindly ape trends. Understand your body type and wear clothes that complement you and ones you're comfortable in."