Monday 27 February 2012

Quotable quotes from the Oscars!

By Hindustan Times

The stars who took the Oscar home on the 84th Academy Awards certainly came up with some colorful quotes on receiving the golden statuette. Listed here are a few of them.

"When they called my name, I had this sense I MAY hear 1/2 America going, 'Oh no. Come on ... Her, again?' . But, whatever!"
- Meryl Streep, after winning the most efficient actress Oscar, her third Academy Award.

"I need to thank Uggie the dog. I FEEL he doesn't care, I AM NOT sure he understands what I say. He isn't that good, but thank you."
- The Artist director Michel Hazanavicius, regarding the canine star of his movie.

"You're only two years older than me darling, where have you ever been all my life?"
- Canadian actor Christopher Plummer, kissing his golden statuette after winning the most productive supporting actor Oscar, on the age of 82.

"Christopher Plummer, ladies and gentlemen, could also be walking up on stage tonight -- because apparently he wanders off."
- Oscars host Billy Crystal, creating a quip about Plummer's age as he presented the show for the ninth time.

"Tonight, enjoy yourselves because nothing can take the edge out of the world's economic problems like watching millionaires present one another with golden statues"
- Billy Crystal, welcoming the audience to the show.

"When I first emerged from my mother's womb, I USED TO BE already rehearsing my Academy thanks speech, however it was see you later ago, mercifully for you, I'VE forgotten it."
- Christopher Plummer

"This is a crap shoot. Each a type of nominees tonight, two of whom are my excellent friends, two of whom weren't even born once I started coming to this ceremony... could been standing there, and would have deserved to."
- Meryl Streep

"He's going to make everybody else look bad since the others ones are 30 years old and they're somewhat dingy."
- Meryl Streep, relating to her third Oscar statuette. Her other two were for Kramer vs Kramer in 1980 and Sophie's Choice in 1983.

"At this time, many Iranians around the globe are watching us and that i imagine them to be more than pleased... not only as a result of a very powerful award... but because on the time when talk of war, intimidation and aggression is exchanged between politicians, the name in their country, Iran, is spoken here through her glorious culture, her rich and ancient culture that was hidden under the heavy dust of politics."
- Iranian director Asghar Farhadi, accepting the most efficient foreign language film Oscar for A Separation.

"I love your country."
-- French actor Jean Dujardin, arriving on stage to receive his best actor Oscar. He finished with a strongly-worded expression of gratitude in French. Asked about his use of an expletive later on, Dujardin smiled and said, in English: "Uh, yeah. I'm sorry."

"I'd love to apologize for that -- however, that said, it did come from the guts and it was absolutely spontaneous."
- Best documentary feature Oscar winner T.J. Martin, apologizing backstage after using the F-word during his acceptance speech, bleeped out by the delayed live broadcast.

"I really understand I'll never be up here again. I WOULD LIKE to thank all my colleagues, I GLANCE out here before me and that i see my life before my eyes, my old friends and my new friends. The article that counts probably the most with me is the friendships and the affection and the sheer joy of creating movies with you. Thanks so much"
- Meryl Streep

"Thank you Academy for placing me with the most up to date guy within the room,"
- Octavia Spencer on being presented the Award for Best Supporting Actress by Christian Bale