Monday 27 February 2012

Teja as Vijay!

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, Feb. 27 -- Hello my chocolate coated toffees! How goes your Monday morning? I hate starting the week, when you inquire from me. After attending hazaar high profile parties over the weekend, I barely get 12 hours to simply laze around in my gulabi satin sheets and recuperate, but before you realize it, this dastardly Monday returns.

Anyway, my loyal jasoos Sher Lock Holmes has just called and distracted me with some piece of stories. Thank God for gossip!

The latest rumour doing the rounds in B-town is that the makers of the Zanjeer remake have finally zeroed in on an actor to play the role that made Amitabh Bachchan 'the angry young man' back within the day.

South superstar Ram Charan Teja is outwardly the person for the job, informs my spy. Arre wah... so Chiranjeevi's son might be donning the police ki wardi to play the role of the gusse se bhara Inspector Vijay Khanna? Hmm... unsure whether I WILL BE ABLE TO picture that just yet, but let's give it a shot, I tell Sher Lock.

At the speed at which this casting process is moving, with buzz about Deepika Padukone being roped in for the feminine lead role and Sanjay Dutt to essay the a part of Sher Khan, which was earlier played by yesteryear villain Pran, looks as if we can't be hearing any confirmations any time soon. Getting the time of too many A-list actors spoils the film schedule, is one lesson I'D impart!