Saturday 31 March 2012

'Double inuendo dialogue worse than abuse': Manu Rishi

By Hindustan Times

Filmmakers at the present time are specializing in realistic stories and aren't shying clear of using expletives or double inuendo dialogues. But actor-writer Manu Rishi says this is able to be worse than direct abuse.

"I do not believe in double meaning lyrics or dialogue. I always put the character's spirit and image in my lyrics and dialogue. I do abuse (in real life), but I DO NOT sell them (through my writing)," Manu told IANS.

Popular for his role as Bangali within the comedy Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Manu has also written dialogues for Aisha and his forthcoming film Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi.

He says you have to be discreet rather using abuses mindlessly.

"Such lyrics and dialogue don't carry the fitting spirit of the song or the nature. At time it's a must to transcend limits, however it is usually good to bear in mind the nature and the will of the situation," he advised.

Manu has also acted in Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi, which marks the directorial debut of Rakesh Mehta.

"My role within the movie is of a police officer named ACP Chautala. He's a gold medalist and his mother loves him. My character is forced to get transferred to Mumbai but his colleagues and those think that he himself wanted this transfer to earn more money through bribe. My role is filled with humiliation and tension, but served in a comic book and humourous manner," he said.

The actor says he loves humour, adding: "I REALLY LIKE to laugh and make people laugh."

Among Manu's upcoming projects are Mumbai Delhi Mumbai through which he has written the dialogues and he's also part of the cast.

Kya Delhi Kya Lahore is another movie at the anvil. He has penned the dialogues and a song for the film.