Thursday 29 March 2012

Shazahn Padamsee to go back to theatre!

By Hindustan Times

In 2007, Shazahn Padamsee made her stage debut along with her father, veteran theatre personality and ad filmmaker Alyque Padamsee’s play Unspoken Dialogues. Shazahn, besides having just acted in it, also produced the conglomeration of eleven monologues and dialogues.

After a temporary stint in theatre, the actor turned towards Bollywood along with her debut film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2009) followed by a few South Indian films and Madhur Bhandarkar’s Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (2011). But now, the Housefull 2 actor reveals plans to make a comeback within the theatre world again.

“Yes, I plan to find time for a play this year. Of late, I'VE BEEN busy with multiple film assignments but when things go well, I WILL BE ABLE TO return to theatre in 2012. I'VE mentioned it to my father. Let’s see how things determine. But something is evidently; I'M very keen to behave in a play. Theatre will always be dear to me,” says Shazahn.

Ask Shazahn about her father’s views at the movies she acts in and she or he says: “My dad is my harshest critic. He's very honest along with his opinions and not holds his feelings back. And that i really love it since the constant compliments you get can cloud your vision. So that you need someone to criticise you.”

With Housefull 2 scheduled for release on April 5, the actor admits that she is on cloud nine. “In simple words it’s a large film for me. To be a part of this kind of huge canvas of stars is genuinely a large honour. Since I'M so new and junior to everyone else within the film, it means the arena to me to join this star-studded movie. So I THINK like I'M over-the-moon,” says Shazahn, who plans to sign her next film only after Sajid Khan’s comic caper hits theatres.