Thursday 29 November 2012

John Abraham flattered by girlfriend Priya's compliment

By Hindustan Times

Actor John Abraham, named the sexiest man alive by People magazine, says his girlfriend Priya Runchal's first reaction was one in every of disbelief. But she followed it up with a flattering compliment.

"She said, 'Are you serious they gave it to you this year? You will have been getting it every year!' I BELIEVE that is the best compliment I got," the 39-year-old said here Wednesday while unveiling the magazine's cover.

John says it's good to have an appreciative partner like Priya.

"I asked her (how she feels about it), and he or she said 'Oh, that's good.' That may be it, she may be very reserved and answers very limited.

"Well, I'M sure she could be very happy. It's nice to be appreciated to your work and when your partner is appreciative, I FEEL it is vitally special," he said.

John broke up his nine-year-long relationship with Bipasha Basu in 2011.

Meanwhile, talking about his upcoming film Race 2, John said he was back in an analogous avatar that he sported in Dhoom.

"After Dhoom, Race 2 is the primary film I'VE done in an identical space. John Abraham is back in Race 2 exactly just like the Kabir in Dhoom," he said.

John, who turned producer with Vicky Donor this year, is willing to provide a film like "Race" but admits his productions are quite different from the standard films.

"Why not? I FEEL it is very important produce entertaining commercial films. But my films have an edge, those I produce, and that i wish to believe I possess great content and that i would really like to turn it," he said.

Directed by Abbas-Mustan, Race 2 also stars Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandes, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel. It's set for release Jan 25, 2013.