Wednesday 30 May 2012

Ferrari Ki Sawaari was a joyride: Rajesh Mapuskar

By Hindustan Times

Director Rajesh Mapuskar, who wielded the megaphone for the primary time for Ferrari Ki Sawaari, describes his directorial debut as a joyride with a perfect cast and crew. "I never dreamt of creating a movie. I REALLY LIKE music and art and this (film) is the amalgamation of it," Mapuskar told IANS.

"It was a fun, joyride. There has been no pressure from anyone. It was all from me. It was my first film so obviously you'll have butterflies within the stomach. I USED TO BE worried as to how I WILL BE ABLE TO do it but I had a perfect team to support me. The entire worries just vanished after we started shooting," he added.

Produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Ferrari Ki Sawaari is Sharman Joshi's first solo hero film.

"It was great to work with an actor like Sharman. He's a qualified and natural actor. He really understands what a maker is making an attempt to convey during the scene and the movie," said Mapuskar who worked in 3 Idiots as an assistant director.

"He is sharp, fast and he's an excellent actor. He have been pointed out rather well. All this shows in his performance. He comes from an excessively cultured, good family," he added.

Releasing June 15, the film is written by Chopra who has centred the tale on a father-son and the way a Ferrari brings ups and downs of their lives in a funny manner.