Thursday 31 May 2012

I'M my very own competition: Sonam Kapoor

By Hindustan Times

Actor Sonam Kapoor, who stars as a small town belle in her upcoming film Raanjhana, says she loves to follow a special path and is pitted against no person but herself in Bollywood.

"I never compete with any of the heroines, whether I'M starring alongside them or not. I DON'T BELIEVE there may be any reason to take a look at any competition and work. I REALLY believe that i'm my very own competition and that is the way I need to be," the actor told PTI.

She is starring opposite Kolaveri Di fame Dhanush in Tanu Weds Manu director Aanand L Rai's upcoming film, that's set in Varanasi.

Sonam, counted probably the greatest dressed actors in Bollywood, says the director was so confident about her style that he allowed her to make a choice her own clothes within the movie. "THAT THEY HAD such a lot confidence in me being stylish that they allowed me to wear whatever I NEEDED. They did not give me any input whatsoever on what to wear and just explained to me the placement. So I USED TO BE told that 'Hey Sonam, it's important to look spunky here and hot there'."

Sonam is playing a spunky girl who has a mind of her own despite the small town setting of the film. With only seven films in her near-five year career, the actor is currently committed to simply Raanjhana with a unique appearance in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.

"One of the main explanation why I'M seen in few films is that almost all of them have demanded numerous time from me. I DO NOT need to do something forgettable. Whether a film works or not, people should remember the nature that I'VE played. For this reason why they still known me as Bittoo, Aisha, Aayat, Simran or Sakina. I work flat out but then I WOULD LIKE to have a life besides movies as well."