Thursday 31 May 2012

Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya

By Hindustan Times

Bollywood star Vidya Balan Wednesday said women-centric films reflected the truth that women were taking centre-stage in various walks of life. "I FEEL women are taking centre-stage in various walks of life everywhere in the country and cinema is simply a mirrored image of that i am. happy to be part
of the film that may be celebrating the brand new role of women," she told reporters here.

Vidya Balan, who has won accolades for her roles within the Dirty Picture and Kahaani, was here to receive the Prabha Khaitan Puraskar 2012 from the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce.

She said she desired to work in Bengali films too. "Satyajit Ray is my favourite Bengali director. I'll like to work in a Bengali film. But till now, I HAVE NEVER received any offer. But I'VE taken videos of Bengali films like Antaheen and Moner Manush."