Thursday 31 May 2012

Kim Kardashian blasted for calling Indian food disgusting!

By Hindustan Times

Kim Kardashian has told her family that she thinks Indian food is “disgusting”. The 31-year-old socialite said this on Sunday night’s episode of Maintaining With the Kardashians.

The reality star’s offhanded remark drew criticism inside the Twittersphere.

“I think it’s good Kim Kardashian doesn’t like Indian food, because that implies she won’t ever visit India and that during itself is a blessing,” Us magazine quoted one user as writing.

“Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner called Indian food ‘so disgusting.’ Seriously? You don’t need to like it, but don’t be rude,” another user said.

On Tuesday, she took to her blog to handle the backlash in a post titled “Just Need to Clear Something Up.”

“In NO way was my comment intended as an insult to the Indian people or their culture. That is just my very own personal taste,” she wrote.

“There are a large number of foods I don’t like . . . I hate cilantro and peppers, and there are definitely some Armenian foods that I ACTUALLY find disgusting, but that doesn’t reflect my opinions on other Armenian people or my culture.

“My comment wasn’t intended to offend anybody. All of us have our own opinions and tastes and that i was simply expressing mine,” she added.