Tuesday 29 May 2012

Genelia’s back to work now!

By Hindustan Times

Post her marriage to Riteish Deshmukh and after her last Bollywood release, Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, Genelia Deshmukh is back to work. Making her second television stint, she's going to act as a mentor to contestants at the UTV Stars talent-hunt show, The selected One.

She will mentor 11 participants at the show, assigning them various tasks, offering style tips, or even taking them shopping. Genelia says, “Right now, I haven’t signed on a brand new film. And as my schedule isn’t packed, this was a fair option, because I WILL devote ample time to the show.”

The actor is not any stranger to TV, having hosted Big Turn on Bindass in 2008. She says, however, that TV still makes her feel like a newcomer. “As an actor, you wish to keep challenging yourself and learn each day by stepping from your comfort zone. I'VE BEEN a part of the south and Hindi film industries. In this show, I THINK I WILL use my varied experiences to assist the girls,” says Genelia.

Ask her what it takes to win a show of this kind, and he or she says, “Apart from being beautiful, an even personality and a mix of attitude and aptitude will result in success. All of the girls are confident, talented and feature a go-getter attitude, which should work for them. I AM GETTING fascinated seeing new talent and new faces. Being put to the test constantly before an audience isn’t easy.”

On a special note, ask Genelia what has changed post-marriage, and she or he says that it isn’t all that different. “People keep asking me what has changed after marriage? We forget to live within the present which I'D rather do. I THINK in living every day to its fullest. Marriage is a brand new beginning and about celebrating life.” And though she hasn’t signed on a brand new film, she has Rock The Shaadi with Abhay Deol bobbing up soon.