Wednesday 30 May 2012

Gurdeep Kohli to play lady cop in Rowdy Rathore

By Hindustan Times

Small screen actress Gurdeep Kohli is asking forward to her big screen debut! She has bagged a cop's role in Rowdy Rathore and has even pulled off some stunts within the Akshay Kumar-starrer. "'Rowdy Rathore' is my first film. People gets to peer me in an excessively different role and look in
Rowdy Rathore. I play a girl cop," Gurdeep told IANS.

The movie, releasing Friday, is directed by Prabhu Deva and lines Sonakshi Sinha within the female lead. It's being touted as Akshay's return to his master genre -- action, and Gurdeep is worked up because it gave her a chance to check out her hand at some stunts as well.

"I haven't done very heavy duty stunts within the movie, but yes, I'VE got to perform a little action. I'VE a sword-fight sequence," she said.

Gurdeep, who became well-liked by shows like Sanjivani and Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, is currently engaged on the second one season of Disney Channel's family show Better of Luck Nikki.