Thursday 28 June 2012

Enough of sequels, comedies for Riteish!

By Hindustan Times

He is the quintessential comic actor of Hindi films but now Riteish Deshmukh, whose sequel to Masti will soon go at the floors, says he plans to forestall doing sequels and take a look at to be a part of drama and crime thrillers. "My next film can be Masti 2. I WILL BE ABLE TO start shooting within the first week of August," Riteish told IANS. He's going to team up with the unique cast - Vivek Oberoi and Aftab Shivdasani partly two.

"It is myself, Aftab and Vivek within the film. It's my fourth film with Indra Kumar I THINK like I'M married to him," Riteish, 33, said.

Indra Kumar and Riteish's earlier projects include Masti (2004), Dhamaal (2007) and Double Dhamaal (2011).

Besides comedies, Riteish have been related to sequels and says he plans to transport in this". is my third sequel after which the fourth one will come, then I WILL BE ABLE TO stop doing sequels because the entire comedies that i'm doing are sequels - Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (a sequel to Kyaa Kool Hai Hum) and Masti 2. I HAVE NEVER done a brand new comedy."

The actor also featured within the recently released Housefull 2, but he claims that he's not been typecast after playing such a lot of comic roles.

"In fact, in my case, it's been the opposite direction round. Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya happened and it was a rom com where Genelia (D'Souza) is more aggressive character. Thankfully, it worked."

"Obviously these series of flicks that i'm doing are sequels, they're brands and they're guaranteed to be comedy. After these films things have changed because people's perception has changed so now I'M looking ahead to do one drama and one crime thriller."

Riteish is currently gearing up for Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum.