Thursday 28 June 2012

Karan Johar over-shoots SOTY, feels he's creating a sequel

By Hindustan Times

Filmmaker Karan Johar says he has shot numerous extra footage for his directorial venture Student Of The Year - such a lot in order that he appears like he's simultaneously creating a sequel to the movie. "WE'VE some days of shooting still left. I FEEL I'M creating a sequel together with the film. I
think its a never-ending saga... though its a fun-frolic, happy film. But I COULD have overshot it a tad," Johar told IANS.

The film serves as a launch pad for 3 newcomers in tinsel town - model Siddharth Malhotra, Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia and David Dhawan's son Varun.

In the past week, Johar was busy shooting the publicity campaign for the comedy and choosing its posters. But he loves the vibes he gets at the set with the young blood.

"I feel I'M in a brand new phase of production that's great for Dharma Productions. We're doing great collaborations and i'm directing fantastic newcomers within the film. So I'M charged about it.

"I feel I'm blessed. I'm in a profession that lets me sing, dance, laugh and cry and still be at work. I DO NOT BELIEVE I MAY be more fortunate than this," he added.

Meanwhile, he's also busy judging dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5" - his first venture on TV post his hit, glossy, celebrity chat show "Koffee With Karan".

How does he manage the time.

"I'm in the course of too many stuff. 'Jhalak...' shoot happens someday every week. And by chance I'M doing a movie with newcomers, so I WILL BE ABLE TO shuttle their dates around. So I WILL do 'Jhalak...', because I'VE the leverage to do this. It's great fun," said the 40-year-old.

The film is being co-produced by Karan and Shah Rukh Khan.