Wednesday 27 June 2012

My day has come: Sonu Sood

By Hindustan Times

Nearly a decade after his debut, Sonu Sood made his presence felt in Bollywood with Dabangg (2010). Now, he calls his upcoming film Maximum ‘special’ adding, “I desired to play a personality who expressed himself together with his eyes.”

Does he wish to play leading roles now? “I do enjoy that space and that i want to do hero-oriented films. However, my roles in Dabangg, Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap (2011) and Jodhaa Akbar (2008) was important parts too.”

Sonu recalls that he entered the industry with the dream of changing into a star, “but with no godfather it's tough here. It took me 10 years to prove myself but now my day has come. People take me seriously, write roles for me and think about me for ‘hero’ roles, which I deserve.”

Like most actors, Sonu has given his creative inputs for optimum. Since there have been no songs within the film, Sonu asked director Kabeer Kaushik so as to add two numbers. At his behest, the southern hit item song ‘Aa ante’ was recorded in Hindi and picturised on actor Hazel, and it's making waves at this time. “I heard the opposite song ‘Mankunto maula’ by Pakistani band Raga Boyz three weeks ago and spoke to Kabeer immediately. It talks about connecting with God, that is the theme of our film,” says Sonu.

Sonu adds, “Kabeer told me I'M following your gut. I DO KNOW songs add value to a movie and thankfully persons are loving either one of them.”

As for the box office, he claims that he can’t predict the result but hopes that “people will remember Maximum for years because it is a gripping story.”