Thursday 28 June 2012

Lisa Ray to have traditional Indian wedding

By Hindustan Times

Actor Lisa Ray, who's all fascinated with tying the knot together with her American fiance Jason Dehni in California, says she is planning her wedding in typical Indian style. The 40-year-old Water star will marry the management executive on October 20 at Napa Valley and can have the reception in India.

"I have never been so happy before in my life. I'M nervous and jointly excited because the wedding is approaching. I'M shopping so much in India. Will probably be a regular Indian style wedding," Lisa said.

"My fiance and i've planned my reception in India for my friends here though we have not decided the venue yet," she added.

Her wedding gown is being designed by Wendell Rodricks with numerous Indian embellishments in it.

"I was in Goa few days ago for my fitting session with Wendell. He's an expensive friend of mine. He told me that he'll use some Indian embellishments in it. In my sangeet and mehendi, I'LL BE wearing Indian dresses," said Lisa, who was within the Capital last night to launch Swiss watch brand Rado's avant-garde collection.

The actor said her fiance likes to find out about Indian culture and flicks and she or he is taking into account making him watch Vidya Balan's The Dirty Picture.

"I has been feeding him about Indian culture and movies. He loves Indian food. He has watched many Hindi films and the most recent one on his list is Dev D. I WILL show him Dirty Picture next," she said.

Lisa is now cancer-free after she being diagnosed with multiple myeloma three years ago and said she is enjoying the second one" chapter" of life.

The Toronto-based actress has signed a few movies and also will produce two of them.

"I am enjoying this chapter of my life. I'VE signed a few Bollywood films with young directors. Indian cinema goes through a fascinating period. I WILL BE ABLE TO even be producing two films and hosting Top Chef Canada," she said.