Monday 30 July 2012

I USED TO BE really fortunate: Huma Qureshi

By Hindustan Times

Huma Qureshi made her acting debut with Anurag Kashyap’s Gangs Of Wasseypur (GOW). The film was well-received, and the actor now confirms that she’s signed a three-film contract with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Productions, though the projects are yet to take off.

“It hasn’t been decided what genre of movies they are going to be yet, but I'M happy that Balaji thinks I'M talented enough to work on three films. There wasn’t any struggle for work, and that i was really fortunate,” says Huma, who's also playing the lead role opposite actor Emraan Hashmi in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Ek Thi Dayaan, co-produced by Ekta Kapoor.

The actor has also been roped in for filmmaker Nikhil Advani’s next film, titled D-Day, that's imagined to start towards the later a part of the year. There, Huma might be seen performing some high-voltage action.

“When Nikhil first spoke to me concerning the action film, I jumped on the opportunity. I WILL BE ABLE TO train for actual combat scenes,” admits Huma, who has finished shooting Anurag’s first family entertainment film, Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, where she is paired with actor Kunal Kapoor.

The actor insists that she has no reason to complain as she has had an important opening in Bollywood. “I was really excited to peer the response to part one in every of( GOW) and am waiting for part two (releasing August 8). I'VE two debut films. I don’t think anyone on this planet can claim to that,” says Huma.