Monday 30 July 2012

Parveen is more relaxed now: Emraan Hashmi

By Hindustan Times

Since 2011, Emraan Hashmi has delivered back-to-back hits like Murder 2, The Dirty Picture and Jannat 2. Now, as a part of the ranks of the highest Bollywood stars, the actor hasn't ever been busier. And, he admits, his family is more comfy lately, since he isn’t locking lips with every female co-star.

Emraan says, “My parents watched Shanghai and so they were delighted that they didn’t see me kiss within the film. Those scenes were getting very repetitive, so I TRULY desired to surprise them and the audience.” So, is his wife Parveen relieved too? “Definitely. Parveen’s more than happy and far more relaxed,” says the actor. Quiz him on his next, Raaz 3, opposite Bipasha Basu, and Emraan tells us, “I play a mainstream Bollywood director. While you watch the film, you'll find him transform.”

Looking at his recent history, does he believe he's going to enter the elite Rs.100 crore club soon? The actor responds, “Anyone would need their film to do great business and I’m no exception. I’ve had film offers earlier which I knew would cross the Rs.100 crore mark, but because the subject didn’t go down too well with me, I didn’t take them up. I’d otherwise be satisfied with the content than make a senseless decision.”

Emraan played the role of gangster Dawood Ibrahim in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai (2010), and now, Akshay Kumar is able to tackle the mantle within the film’s sequel. So does Emraan believe that the audience would have desired to see him within the sequel? He says, “I’m sure Milan (Luthria, director) and Ekta (Kapoor, producer) have invested some huge cash and inventive efforts into making this film. I did my best partly one and it was a success.”

He has also been doing hit films with Ekta lately. Does he consider himself to be her lucky mascot? The actor responds, “We’re each other’s lucky mascots. Along with her knowledge and my inputs, we complement each other.”