Friday 27 July 2012

Shirish not okay with Farah's on-screen chemistry

By Hindustan Times

Generations of leading ladies in Bollywood have romanced their heroes on screen despite being married. And for essentially the most part, the husbands have managed to just accept the reality. But as choreographer-turned-filmmaker Farah Khan makes her acting debut, husband Shirish Kunder seems to have qualms about seeing his dear wife romancing another man on screen.

Farah is paired with Boman Irani in producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming film, Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi. But Farah says that husband Shirish will not be prepared to look at the film:

Shirin“He isn't someone who would love seeing his wife holding someone else’s hand, and i'm not pushing him for that either,” says Farah. Such love, we are saying. Although it comes on the price of missing his wife’s acting debut.

And this comes after Shirish himself egged Farah directly to absorb the acting project. “When they (the filmmakers) approached me, I ASSUMED it was for a dance sequence, but I USED TO BE stunned to listen to that they wanted me for the feminine lead. I almost rejected the offer, but Shirish said if I did it well, it'd be another feather in my cap,” says Farah.

Ask her if it was difficult playing Shirin, a personality who's apparently quite unlike herself, and he or she replies, “Shirin is an excessively emotional person, and that i was wondering if I MAY pull that off. I needed to channel some deep, pent-up emotion.”