Friday, 6 July 2012

Would really like to play with Saina: Deepika Padukone

By Hindustan Times

In an interview on June 30, badminton ace Saina Nehwal had told HT Café, “Deepika is now a famous actor. So, she is busy and should not find time to maintain tabs on badminton tournaments. She would possibly not even remember me.” Clearly hurt by Saina’s comment, Deepika says, “I read that interview. She assumes I don’t remember her. That’s impossible because what she has achieved, not only for India, but for international women’s badminton, is terribly commendable. As a woman, as an achiever and, given the truth that now we have played together within the past, I’m extremely happy with what Saina has achieved.”

How are you aware Saina? And would you should meet up with her now?
We never trained together. I MIGHT only meet her during tournaments. I quit badminton once I was 16 years old. Then I BEGAN modelling. Along with her busy schedule, I don’t know if Saina would have the time to meet, but I MIGHT like to atone for the game or even play with her.

You’ve now done four films with Saif Ali Khan, and your chemistry with him is palpable. Saif could be very spontaneous. With him, no two takes will ever be the similar. What you do between the lines is as important as mouthing dialogues.
People feel our chemistry has an overly casual feel to it. That’s because both Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Cocktail has been written like that. Fortunately, Saif and i've chemistry. It’s important while you act in love stories. Otherwise, regardless of how beautiful the tale is, the film won't work.

Is there a friendship that’s developed over the years?
I feel very ok with Saif on-screen. Whilst you work and spend such a lot time with someone, after a point, it’s not just about how a scene is enacted, you furthermore may start understanding their energies. Like sometimes when he comes at the set within the morning, I WILL BE ABLE TO tell from a distance whether he’s slept well and if he’s in an even mood or not.