Friday 27 April 2012

Aamir Khan falls off stage at auto driver's son's wedding!

By Hindustan Times

Superstar Aamir Khan fell down when dias arrange for the marriage of the son of his friend, auto-rickshaw driver Ram Lakhan, collapsed because of overcrowding.

The 47-year-old star was unhurt and laughed off the incident, saying the total arrangement was good.

Aamir was within the city to wait the wedding to maintain his promise to Lakhan whom he met while promoting his 2009 hit 3 Idiots.

Dressed in blue denim and white kurta, the 47-year-old actor reached the marriage venue at Mehmurganj's Chaurasiya marriage hall post midnight.

Aamir was purported to reach there by 9.30pm but he got delayed as he needed to travel by road from Patna, said Lakhan.

The actor hugged his friend and felicitated the newly weds Rajiv and his bride, Vijayta before posing for the paparazzi. It was a utter chaos on the wedding as crowd and media had gathered to get a glimpse of the actor.

Aamir, who's ready to make his television debut with Satyamev Jayate, denied that his decision to wait the marriage had anything to do with the promotion of his show.

"This is the marriage of my friend Ramlakhan Paswan's son. I HAVE NEVER come here to advertise any upcoming serial or movie. I'M here to wait the ceremony. I met Ram lakhan through the promotion of three Idiots. He came to my house to ask me for the marriage 365 days ago. I wish the bride and groom the perfect. Especially the bride, who may find happiness," he said. Aamir, who stayed on the venue for almost half an hour, said

Varanasi has got a distinct place in his heart as his mother was born here."Varanasi is my mother's birthplace. Where is expensive to me and that i share a unique relationship with it," the actor said.