Monday 30 April 2012

Neil Nitin Mukesh to do a psycho-horror film

By Hindustan Times

Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh is ready to fulfil his long-standingdream of doing a horror film. Titled 3G and directed by Shantanu and Sheershak, will probably be shot in Fiji, and Neil will play a person with a split personality.

“This can be tough for me,” says Neil. “I’m terrified of death, so for me, this may be difficult to portray on screen. Coming into the 2 psyches of a split personality isn't that easy.”

Neil, who was recently made brand ambassador of Volkswagen’s Think Blue initiative and who has just finished the shoot for director Susi Ganeshan’s Shortcut Romeo, could be paired with Sonal Chauhan in 3G. The 2 actors was seen together frequently.

“Let me be honest about it. I genuinely like her a lot,” says Neil about Sonal. “She is a stupendous individual and a fair girl. If, God willing, anything has to happen I'D love it.”

After 3G, Neil will turn gangster for David, director Bijoy Nambiar’s next film. “I am waiting for it,” says Neil. “I have always done grey characters. They have got much more edge.” His last film, Players (2012), by which he played a pc hacker, failed on the box office, but Neil remains in contact with its filmmakers Abbas-Mastan who've cast him in two more films.

“They are still within the scripting stage,” says Neil. This kind of films is seemingly the remake of the 1993 Shah Rukh Khan hit, Baazigar. So is he really playing SRK’s part? “I can only say, I LIKE grey films,” grins Neil.