Thursday 26 April 2012

Not getting the type of roles I deserve: Ranvir Shorey

By Hindustan Times

Actor Ranvir Shorey, who's known for his power-packed performances in films like Khosla Ka Ghosla and Mithya, says he's still not getting the type of roles and the eye that he deserves. Shorey made his debut in Bollywood in 2002 with Ek Chhotisi Love Story, but fame arrived with Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006) and Bheja Fry (2007).

"I started out not desirous to be an actor, but to be a filmmaker. So acting happened to me by accident. To be called a fair actor is my due due to the fact I never desired to be an actor. But now that you're within the game I still feel there may be such a lot I WILL do greater than what I'M being offered or getting a possibility on the subject of how I'M cast, how my films are projected or marketed," Shorey told PTI.

"I feel IT'S NOT THAT I AM getting the type of roles I NEED and i'm definitely not getting attention," he said.

Shorey has also done supporting roles in numerous high-profile films like Jism, Lakshya, Singh Is Kinng, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Traffic Signal and Yashraj's Aaja Nachle.

"It isn't that I DO NOT need to do lead roles within the mainstream films with big budget films, but nobody desires to cast me there. They would like to cast me only in supporting roles, maybe because I BEGAN off that way. But there are other braver people like Rajat Kapoor, who managed to provide me a lead role in Ugly Aur Pagli. There are individuals who have had that sort of religion in me to ride that sort of cash on me. Hope more filmmakers will take a chance," Shorey said.

The actor has four to 5 films that experience not yet been and a kind of up for release is Rajat Kapoor's Fatso.