Friday 27 April 2012

Would really like to do a romantic film: Ajay Devgn

By Hindustan Times

Ajay Devgn, who have been doing action and comedy films lately, says he's keen to star in a romantic movie but he's not being offered good scripts.

The Bollywood star gave romantic hits like Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Dil Kya Kare and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam at first of his career
but his past few hits like Golmaal 3 and Singham has been of comedy and action genre.

"I haven't heard a fair script in a very long time. I DON'T BELIEVE people come to me with a large number of romantic characters. I'D have an interest in playing one if the tale is good," Ajay told PTI.

The 43-year-old's upcoming film Tezz may be an action drama starring Kangana Ranaut, Sameera Reddy, Anil Kapoor and Zayed Khan. The film releases tomorrow.

"I just came back from a 50 day outdoor shoot of Son Of Sardar so I DID NOT really know what was happening with Tezz. Then I saw the film and it has shaped up rather well. It's an action drama where the bottom and the emotion could be very strong," Ajay said.

"I have done the action sequences myself as I usually do my stunts myself. I enjoy doing it. Also, Tezz didn't have something so difficult that I COULD NOT manage," he added.

Ajay, who have been within the industry for greater than twenty years and has had his share of flops, says there has been never some degree in his career where he felt things have come to an end.

"I have never been in a situation where I felt that I should surrender. Everybody has there lows. Once I started, my first film was a large hit and after that the ball kept rolling... Two films didn't work nevertheless it never mattered to me.

"It's not that I DID NOT have work or I USED TO BE not being offered movies. I USED TO BE refusing films so I SUPPOSE I'VE BEEN very lucky that I never faced a situation where I felt that it is the end," he said.