Sunday 29 April 2012

I'VE always gone for character oriented roles: Neil

By Hindustan Times

After his last release Player drew a blank on the box office, actor Neil Nitin Mukesh is now gearing up for Bejoy Nambiar's David and a psychological thriller called 3G, where his character has various layers. "I'M doing David and preparations are on for it. But before that, I'M doing a
film with Sonal Chauhan..it is known as 3G. Its a horror film. It's at the lines of What Lies Beneath and Sixth Sense. This can be a psychological horror. I'VE always gone for character oriented roles," he said.

"My character in 3G is totally layered. It's a few guy who gets possessed and prefer I said this can be a psychological horror with the intention to portray a personality like that may be rather difficult, it's not about a kind of gory faces horror...it is a mind game. So anything with mind is interesting," he said.

Neil feels our industry is much behind Hollywood and that there's a need for futuristic films to be made here as well.

"I desire a special change in our industry and that's of futuristic cinema..I would really like audience to simply accept futuristic films. We're 50-60 years behind Hollywood. There are many such films like Jurassic Park, The Avengers that get released here they usually do good business," Neil told reporters here at an event, last evening.

"But once we make futuristic films here they don't do well. I THINK cinema is fictitious and bigger than life so should make some of these films and hence I did Aa Dekhen Zaara (a 2009 sci-fi romantic film)," he said.