Monday 30 April 2012

Gul wants target practice with Nana!

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, April 30 -- Gul Panag have been filming the Ab Tak Chappan sequel wherein she plays the role of against the law reporter, the one significant woman character in what's predominately a man's world. "Fortunately, there has been a woman's toilet at the sets. But that apart, I USED TO BE probably the most boys. That wasn't an issue because I've always been somewhat a tomboy and occupied with all that may be traditionally considered masculine," laughs the actor.

These interests include trekking, rock climbing, white-water rafting, horse riding, running marathons, driving from Mumbai to Leh and shooting. "My dad was within the army and i've been handling guns for years. I'm cool with them," says Gul, whose brother, Sherbir is a countrywide level shooter. "He's currently taking a break to complete law school, but he may come back to it soon."

Upbeat about India's chances on the London Olympics this summer she admits that their common passion for guns brought her and Nana Patekar, a countrywide level shooter, together at the sets of Ram Gopal Varma's cop sequel. "There's been no time to pursue shooting seriously, but it's on my bucket list, like flying a plane was a dream I lived recently," says the actor, who on trips to London along with her husband, Rishi Attari, never fails to go to Holand & Holland, the most efficient gun store in England, to take a look at the most recent models.

"I've always had a life outside of my job in films and perhaps after the monsoon when the shooting begins, this year or the next, Nana and that i could shoot on the range in Pune together. Who knows if I'M good? Like him, one day, I too could represent my state"