Saturday 25 August 2012

Arbaaz on turning director for Salman's Dabangg 2

By HT

Initial anxiety has made way for euphoria. Dabangg 2 is over 50% complete and primary time director is just about in his elements. Along with his confidence being further enhanced over a time period and finding himself within the thick of items while directing his superstar brother within the type of Salman Khan who's riding high on his fourth century in a row with Ek Tha Tiger still going strong, Arbaaz says that he just went with the flow in place of over-calculating his moves.

"See, there can be specific amount of tension that includes every job. It was there once I turned actor 15 years back with Daraar. Then it was also there after I opened my production house for Dabangg. So it was but natural to be fascinated about how things would appear to be once I start calling the shots. However, greater than anything else, it was a sense of positivism that surrounded me", says Arbaaz in a calm tone.

In fact one half-expected the actor to be either slowed down by the enormity of affairs or being super-charged about being mid-way during the shoot of a movie which, by all arguments, is definitely probably the most awaited before the year involves a close.

"Abhi to bass shuruaat hai but something is bound that I WOULD LIKE to be engulfed by positive people and positive energy. That helps you do things better and be clearer about what you would like to do. As opposed to proclaiming that 'Oh, so what is the big deal in calling the shots', it's better to guage your decision on an each day basis", he says.

Though it was always in his mind that he would turn a director one day, the ripples due to Abhinav Kashyap opting out of the film ended in Arbaaz stepping in immediately. Though this meant that now he needed to balance out his twin jobs of being a producer in addition to a director with an added pressure of being solely in control of a franchise as big as Dabangg, he also benefited immensely because the development turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Smiles Arbaaz, "THERE HAS BEEN a massive reason for my desire of calling the shots. As an actor, I had discovered during last 15 years that I USED TO BE fascinated more with what went backstage than in front of it. I DISCOVERED it to be more creative. As an actor, sometimes I felt a bit restricted as I USED TO BE probably not up to speed over the jobs that I NEEDED to do. There has been some progress though once I started production because I DISCOVERED a bit more control coming my way. I always knew that sooner or later, I MIGHT turn director. After all, I COULD NOT was relegated to being producer for the remainder of my life."