Wednesday 29 August 2012

I'M REALLY NOT against cosmetic surgery: Priyanka Chopra

By Hindustan Times

Though Piggy Chops never felt the desire for plastic surgery, the actress says she's not against it if it helps build self esteem.

In an interview to a daily, the actress says she loves the way in which she looks and has not resorted to cosmetic surgery so far.

"So far, I HAVEN'T felt the desire for any enhancement surgery. What I'VE is what I'VE BEEN blessed with. People had numerous issues concerning the incontrovertible fact that I USED TO BE dusky and never a conventional-looking actress. But I still got the opportunities I did," the actress told the daily.

"I am not against cosmetic surgery. If it helps build self-esteem, I don’t think there's anything wrong with it. But when it becomes an obsession, that may be an issue. For me, I got confidence from my films doing well. Through this profession, I came to grasp myself better. So, it hurts when people judge or crucify me on imaginary counts. I'VE looked different at different ages because I'VE worked on my look. I LIKE myself the best way I am," she added.

The actress previously said during an event: "I belive in plastic surgery. I AM NOT judgemental about anybody's individual choices. But when you can also make yourself look better to feel better, I DON'T BELIEVE there's anything bad in it. Plastic surgery only becomes wrong when it becomes a disease."