Saturday 25 August 2012

Happy to pay Rs. 100 cr to Salman Khan: Subhash Ghai

By Hindustan Times

Filmmaker Subhash Ghai has decided to wield the megaphone again and team up with Salman Khan for an action packed masala entertainer. Ghai had stopped directing films to pay attention to his film school Whistling Woods International. But now he's going to soon be getting behind the camera. He has two films to hand - one with Salman Khan so that you can roll out next year.

"I am returning to direction. I'VE two films... one with Salman that I CAN start next year and other I CAN start shooting this year," Ghai told PTI.

Earlier, the duo came together for Yuvvraj in 2008 nevertheless it was a box office failure. Ghai admits that he made a mistake by creating a romantic-musical film with Khan.

"After Wanted he has emerged because the new action hero. Audience loves to see him on this zone. It'd be foolish on my part to make romantic roughly films with him. We made a mistake by casting him in Yuvvraj," Ghai said.

"I have signed Salman for my film. Considering Salman's superstar status and the affection that he has got for doing action films, I MIGHT be making an action-masala roughly movie. He's Superman Salman. We're engaged on the script," he added.

The superstar, who's basking within the success of Kabir Khan's spy flick Ek Tha Tiger, has his hands full with several projects like Dabangg 2, Sher Khan and Kick. "He has other commitments. So once he's done with they all. We can start working next year," Ghai said.

On rumours of Salman rejecting his film
“It is news to me too that Salman isn't doing my film. Rumours and manufactured stories are a part of our industry and media, especially if you find yourself lying low," Ghai told Mid Day.

"I met Salman on August 15, when he invited me to peer Ek Tha Tiger, which was then followed by a celebration. We had fun. As rumoured within the media, I neither met him on Eid nor have I told him about any concept. Nobody can break my beautiful relationship with Salman,” he added.

“There aren't any formalities between me and Salman. I'VE BEEN chatting with him a couple of film from the last one and a half years. If Salman asks for Rs. 100 crore I'LL BE more than pleased to pay him the quantity because he deserves it. In fact, I'M confident that our film will make Rs. 200 crore,” the filmmaker was quoted by the tabloid.

Salman offered Rs. 100 cr by Taurani?
Buzz has it that post the record-breaking success of Ek Tha Tiger, Salman Khan have been signed for a whopping Rs. 100 cr by producer Ramesh Taurani. If the report is true, Salman would become the top paid actor in Bollywood.

A source told Mid Day: “As expected Ek Tha Tiger has sent the money registers ringing and plenty of filmmakers was seen visiting Salman’s residence to make a movie with him. However, Taurani, who has earlier worked with Salman and has had him signed because the past couple of years, may be very keen that they do a movie together."

"A couple of days back, he met Salman and offered him Rs. 100 crore for a movie. Taurani understands that the actor’s last three films have done business with regards to Rs. 150 crore net and that’s why he's able to take the gamble,” the source was quoted by the tabloid.