Monday 27 August 2012

Skin show is overrated: Ileana D’Cruz

By Hindustan Times

Ileana D’Cruz is mighty impressed with co-star Ranbir Kapoor’s performance of their upcoming film, Barfi!. However, she isn’t worried about being overshadowed by him or Priyanka Chopra. “I did this film because I'VE complete faith in Anurag (Basu, director) and how through which he represents
his characters. If I USED TO BE insecure about my role, I wouldn’t have done it. I’m confident of creating a mark. I USED TO BE nervous initially, because it could be very different from the movies I’ve done within the past.”

Ileana is understood for her glamourous roles down south. So will she do something about an identical career path in Hindi films too? “Being a glam girl in Hindi films isn't my goal. I WOULD LIKE acting-oriented roles. I WOULD LIKE people to take me seriously as an actor. Skin show is overrated anyway, and the similar goes for intimate scenes. They may get attention, but not for the best reasons,” insists the actor.

In the past, there were rumours linking Ranbir romantically to all his leading ladies. Did that make her wary at any stage? “Absolutely not. Men don’t scare me. I'VE an intimidating dad, so nothing comes on the subject of him,” she laughs, adding, “Link-ups may keep you within the news, but they may be able to work against you too. I’m glad I haven’t been associated with Ranbir. He's a pleasing person and a super co-star. I USED TO BE blown away while watching him perform.”

Ileana has done kissing scenes in her southern films, and now she’s locked lips with Ranbir in Barfi! too. How does she rate her co-star a kisser? She smiles and says, “I can’t comment because it wasn’t really a correct kiss. People keep asking me about it! But my focus was more at the emotion, for which it was needed.”