Monday 27 August 2012

Shakun Batra to direct a drama for Karan Johar

By Hindustan Times

Shakun Batra, who made his debut as a director with Karan Johar's home production Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, is ready to direct a drama. Shakun started as an assistant director in films like Rock On, Jaane Tu..Ya Jaane Na. For his debut he brought together the bizarre pair of Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan.

The film produced by Dharma Productions was a hit.

"I have a 3 film contract with Dharma Productions. I'D be making two-three films for them. I'M toying with few ideas but nothing is concrete yet. I'VE two-three ideas which might be something new and different," Shakun told PTI.

"It won't be like a romantic film. It won't be out-an-out romantic-comedy film. The entire three ideas have something - drama, they take care of drama. They discuss day-to-day human things. All I WILL say is I'M practicing the information that I'VE in my mind," he said.

Shakun also said that he's unlikely to make a heavy dose film, with social issues.

"Scripting takes 6-8 months, then finding actors. So my next film will happen only next year," he said.

Shakun is currently busy engaged on a brief film.

"Right now I'M working with Karan on a brief film. I WILL NOT discuss it. The following couple of months I'LL BE desirous about this," he said.